Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

From me to you

For anyone who was in my Senior year English class... you'll recognize this idea. I came up with this poem describing everything we had been through in 4 years of high school in one little poem. I feel that it is needed again to remind those I care about how much I rely on them. I may seem very independent and confident, and maybe my mother and older sister raised me to be that way, but really I do rely on these friends, family, etc., around me to help me through my day to day life. And I guess I just wanted to say Thank You without getting my words too messed up.

To the snuggles
To the hours of talks
To the nights on Handley Hill
To putting away the secrets in a well hidden box
To late night phone calls
To picking up the tabs
To being the DD
To paying for the cab
To knowing when to show up with wine
To letting me be a baker
To laughing when I burn myself
To being my caretaker
To listening to me
To being there for you
To only  hearing a portion of the story
To being there right on cue
To being a shoulder
To being a hug
To being mine as well as yours
To all  the pushing as well as the love
To trying to be strong
To telling you good-bye
To meeting you for beer and a burger
To hearing about the latest guy
To not talking about the f-word
To hugging it out
To accepting my outbursts
To being my friend without a doubt
To letting me hear your story
To the much loved coffee dates
To coming up with solutions to every problem
To discussing matters of the fates
To the ups
To the downs
To caring for your happiness
To love that has no bounds
To the inside jokes
To the smiles the stay with me
To the crazy moments
To knowing that in my life you will always be
To all the family
To all my friends
To the occasional soul mate
To knowing that you'll be there in the end
I know these line are of nothing to boast
But from me to you, this is my toast

Now for you to figure out which ones are about you, well... maybe they all are. I could never live in another country then I grew up in without my strong support group that I have in both countries. So I'll say it again: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment